Daily Bible Texts

Verse a day via text. Want to receive texts? Email your phone number to me@jonathandow.com asking to receive daily bible verses. Getting tired of the texts? Text back asking me to stop. God bless you.

Friday, April 19, 2013

Genesis 27:38

And Esau said to his father, “Have you only one blessing, my father? Bless me—me also, O my father!” And Esau lifted up his voice and wept. (Genesis 27:38 NKJV)

If only fathers blessed their kids now. The blessing from Isaac was sought after by his children. Why don't we do the same for ours? We want the, to do well, but why don't we come in the confidence of The Lord and pronounce a blessing over their lives? I know at this particular blessing is prophecy and not every an has that gift. But non-Christians say things in toasts that mean nothing more than their best wishes. Why can't we, in-dwelt by the Holy Spirit, speak the blessings of God into someone's life. At least speak the blessings the Bible promises.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home