Daily Bible Texts

Verse a day via text. Want to receive texts? Email your phone number to me@jonathandow.com asking to receive daily bible verses. Getting tired of the texts? Text back asking me to stop. God bless you.

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Genesis 26:9

Then Abimelech called Isaac and said, “Quite obviously she is your wife; so how could you say, ‘She is my sister’?” Isaac said to him, “Because I said, ‘Lest I die on account of her.’ ” (Genesis 26:9 NKJV)

Sometimes we try to do things our own way and it doesn't quite work out. The non-believing world ends up calling us out. How embarrassing! But better to be called out than to dwell in sin. Stop doing this your own way. Live on faith in God. He blessed Isaac anyways through the Godly fear in Abimelech. But I think Abimelech got blessed more by not sinning than Isaac did in riches.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home