Daily Bible Texts

Verse a day via text. Want to receive texts? Email your phone number to me@jonathandow.com asking to receive daily bible verses. Getting tired of the texts? Text back asking me to stop. God bless you.

Friday, March 15, 2013

Genesis 18:32

Then he said, “Let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak but once more: Suppose ten should be found there?” And He said, “I will not destroy it for the sake of ten.” (Genesis 18:32 NKJV)

God told Abraham that He would spare the whole city of Sodom if there were 10 righteous there. The angels recused 4. (Lot's wife made it put of Sodom, but her disobedience cost her her life.) this says something about God's character. God is willing to spare e wicked from judgement on account of the righteous. If there were a few more righteous men in that city, the evil men would have been spared and probably wouldn't know it. I wonder if our world is like that today. God resists from destroying the whole world because His righteousness is still in it. In the same way that 10 righteousness men would have saved that city, one righteous Man saved me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home